Satpal Singh On Happiness and Sadness

Why do we feel sadness and happiness? A video from Sikh Satpal Singh.


 
 

While the examples in the above video are mundane (someone being late to an appointment), the Sikhs who established the religion back in the 1400's were noted for enduring countless episodes of torture, violence, death and familial loss due to the persecution of their religion and yet managed to find bliss despite it all. As Satpal Singh states:

Imagine thinking like this in the hardest moments of life... Even if you come and take my body away from me, I will still be happy. Even if you cut my children up in front of me and put their heads on a garland and place it around my neck, I will still be happy. Even if you cut me from limb to limb, I will still be happy. Even if you chop my head, I will still be happy. Even if you boil me alive, I will still be happy. Even if you saw me in half, I will still be happy. Imagine having a mindset that says you can’t take my inner happiness away from me because I will always rise above this worldly pain and remain in bliss as I am connected to the eternal divine. 


Satpal Singh is the founder of Nanaak Naam. Nanaak Naam aims to create a world where everyone can improve their mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing through the wisdom of Oneness taught by Sikh founder Guru Nanak. Nanaak Naam believes everyone should possess the skills to experience spiritual bliss for themselves and live in peace & harmony.